GENERAL NURSING & MIDWIFERY(GNM)
The basic Diploma course in general Nursing and Midwifery is geared to the health needs of the individual family community and the country at large.
The aims of the diploma in general Nursing and Midwifery programme are:
- To prepare nurses with a sound educational programme in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team, beginning with the competencies for first level positions in all kinds of health care settings.
- To help nurses devlop an ability to co-operate and co-ordinate with members of the health team in the prevention of disease, promotion of health and rehabilitation of the sick.
- To help nurses in their personal and professional development, so that they are able to make maximum contribution to the society as useful and productive individuals, citizens as well as efficient nurses.
- To serve as a base for further professional education and specialization in nursing.
- To prepare nurses to keep pace with the latest professional and technological developments and use these for providing nursing care service,groups.